IQE - Re: IQE Stream Log - Thanks to all for some...

Live Discuss Polls Ratings Documents
View
Page
22:41 25/01/2018

Thanks to all for some entertaining reading. It's fascinating to see the different philosophies of the "investors" and the "speculators." Winning Streak. You said "in this game... losses are likely to exceed gains for the average private punter". It's not just private punters. Most hedge funds also struggle to make adequate returns with these strategies. And that's because (having insider information aside) it's just so freaking hard to call ST market movements. Shorters got it right on Carillion. But what about Ocado for example. They've been killed in the recent rally. Now personally I would have said their view on the Ocado story is not without merit. But the market has completely gone against them. Me, I'm in the investor camp. I'm not antagonistic to shorters. In a way I admire the courage. I just find shorting way too stressful and ultimately incompatible with the "investor" mind set - hone in on a great asset, place your chips and wait. As someone said on this board a while back it's like picking pennies in front of a steam roller. You will win... until the day you get flattened. On IQE only time will tell. Shorters ultimately have zero impact on the operational business and hence "value for long term holders". I'm a believer in the story with a LT time horizon. I guess time will tell.

Page