Nanoco Group - NANO Stream Log

Live Discuss Polls Ratings Documents
View
Page
18:17 10/08/2015

I've been following QD development for more than 3 years. There are many companies who can produce cadmium free quantum dots. Nano have never claimed they are the only company capable of producing cadmium free. Nanosys can do it, Storedot can do it, QTM can do it, Hansol chemical can do it ... I can list more if you're interested. The difference has always been a question of how good they are and how scalable the process is. Nanoco at runcorn are presently producing from 100kilo reactors. Dow have build 1000 kilo reactors. It's called a kilo lab and is based on Nanoco's kilo lab design. Molecular seeding allows you do do that. My question is how big can these reactors get. Could they do a 5 tonne reactor? I have a diversified portfolio but for Quantum dots I have only invested in Nanoco and the reason is Dow and their $200 million capex investment and huge contract from LG. Plus the industry which is growing exponentially. Plus Dow have built their factory and are going into production in a matter of weeks.

16:38 10/08/2015

Samsung get their quantum dots from Hansol chemical via patents obtained from Nanosys. They are the only cadmium free producer with a product until LG bring out their Dow produced QD TV's in September. If you can point me to a client of QTM or any product containing their QD's I might take some notice. Till then it's all nonsense. I note with some concern QTM never been asked to speak at any of the major QD conferences. Nano's 50k production has always been small scale till Dow comes on line to supply LG on the contract they signed with them. This thread is a Nanoco thread, you should take your QTM bias and start your own thread. Yes, there are many Ponies, but just a few horses imo...

15:22 10/08/2015

Looking at QTM's webpage on innovations ... Surely they are just promoting cadmium QD's .[link]

15:16 10/08/2015

No good having production capacity if you don't have a buyer. Why has the development agreement come months after announcing production of 2000kg. More by the way than the rest of the industry. Don't even own their own IP. It's important to know what the competition is doing I agree. QD vision, Nanosys, Samsung and to some degree StoreDot, Evident etc.. They have credibility. QTM hasn't which is why it's market cap is where it is...

11:50 10/08/2015

Problem is no-one can make Qdots cheaply at this stage. We know Dow's production will be significantly cheaper than Runcorn production as that was mentioned in the recent prospectus. But how much cheaper? But there are the nonsense claims of QTM ... supplying the whole industry from a single continuous flow reactor. But there again they don't have a client yet.. And their recent development agreement didn't mention cadmium free Qdots, so they're stuffed just like the other cadmium producers imo...

19:49 09/08/2015

market.

19:47 09/08/2015

And if there are substantial contracts? Nav is bollocks in the

10:25 09/08/2015

Interesting development here with Dow involved. The mistake is to assume everyone else is catching up and Dow is staying still. Dow, Nanoco probably making huge strides with next generation Qdot's and manufacturing approaches..[link]

08:38 08/08/2015

Easy to be negative, but in the real world, Dow's factory weeks away from production and Qdots starting to appear across multiple industries. 71 tonnes needed in 4 years. Global production less than a tonne at the moment. Seems a reasonable bet to me. The financial mets only care about cash generation and its sustainability. Also got 7% short position to close. Hope there's enough to buy at this level ...

20:31 02/08/2015

And don't forget the spectrometer [link]

Page