Aureus Mining - Re: AUE Stream Log - Today's Operational Update Second Quarter...

Live Discuss Polls Ratings
View
Page
17:45 08/08/2016

Today's Operational Update Second Quarter 2016” is hard to make proper sense of. This is because work at the mine was halted 10 May 2016 due to a cyanide spill into the ecosystem, which is a very serious calamity to befall a junior producer in its early days. I am concerned at the time it took to inform investors of teething troubles at the mine with regard to optimising some very delicate chemical processes. There is never any excuse for keeping investors in the dark. I was concerned at the cost of producing the yellow metal. Centamin can produce it at about $600-800. Why is Aureus' figure at $1253? Where are the consultants with their boots on the ground finding out what is wrong. David Reading should be bought back if necessary. Now there is talk that refinancing may be necessary. This jars a nerve. I don't get it. You're pouring gold and you need to borrow money. Unfortunately, I conclude that Aureus is still not out of the woods. Should the share price depreciate further, investors might dump this stock in favour of gold producers who make their investors rich. The worse thing that Aureus could do right now is to stifle news. If this happens, investors would be advised to cut-and-run.

Page