Fuller Smith & Turner - FSTA Stream Log

Live Discuss Polls Ratings Documents
View
Page
22:08 10/06/2014

I'm wondering myself the strategic purpose of this acquisition. I get that this provides a good sales outlet for Cornish Orchards Ciders and perhaps the other "craft" beers like Sierra Nevada, Frontier, etc -- but after that, what's the play? Perhaps this presages a pub expansion/acquisition focus on the Southwest?

12:38 09/06/2014

@LK Sierra Nevada is the #2 Craft Beer in the US. It was the first mainstream pale ale in the US before craft beers took off a few years back. They have a good product and disciplined management. Having UK distribution rights isn't a game changer, but could be a very nice incremental win (just like Cornish Orchards)

18:54 05/06/2014

And now we wait.....results in the morning!!

21:36 03/06/2014

Corporate governance at FSTA is heads and shoulders above Spepherd Neame. And Simon Emeny is going to slowly advance that agenda even if pressure wasn't applied. The SN story does give him extra leverage heading into a key part of the year to loosen a few reins from the family just that much more. Over time I'm pleased w the trajectory and the II's are supporting this process constructively without upsetting the apple cart. SN was also rife given the underperformance as well. I attribute the recover to simply be a predictable retracement after the non-substantive fall combined with the usual rise this stock usually experiences leading into earnings. Fingers crossed on the actual results now!!

03:15 27/05/2014

Worth noting for those who wish to trade the shares (not myself, I'm straight long), the shares tend to run up a bit into the interim and preliminary announcements. With preliminary FY report coming Fri 6th June a move up is quite likely in the next week or so....

03:13 27/05/2014

No substantive reason. FSTA is known to drift for short periods up or down inexplicably mainly owing to short term imbalance of supply or demand of shares. Usually the drifts downwards coincide with family selling as they are slowly reducing exposure (which I view notionally positive)

16:24 14/04/2014

I have had precisely the opposite experience at numerous Fuller's Pubs. The beer is almost always fresh - barrels are changed efficiently and the lot. As far as being well run - FSTA strives high in this regard and seems to be doing quite well overall

21:50 07/02/2014

Just about back to 1000p. Nice slope again, now for delivery of the rest of the FY - go Simon and team!

21:50 07/02/2014

Welcome to the new Fuller Smith & Turner stream forum! Messages posted in the Fuller Smith & Turner stream will be logged here for posterity.

Page