Share Discussion Forum

View
10:10 22/11/2012

The equity issue is a pain in the balls but I still have long term faith here... If the institutional investors are willingto pay 1p then so am I. But I am not happy at all with the way this issue was not conveyed in the conference call.

He should stop treating shareholders as kids and just tell it to us as it is rather than sugar coating the bad news. Shareholders would appreciate a bit of straight talking. We are all adults and we can take it!

If he'd have told us about the issue in the conf call then it wouldn;t have been a shock yesterday.

I think what shareholders here are really yearning for is a bit of honesty and transparency.

11:07 15/11/2012

So we had a conference call yesterday which caused a momentary rise in share price which dwindled in the afternoon. We've had a mix bag of news and a shareprice which has done nobbut decline for 2 years. Shareholders are getting pretty fed up with this and there's a big variation in opinion. It's hard to sift out the wheat from the chaff.

Feel free to debate the share price (currently at 1.067p) of Red Rock here.

14:54 14/11/2012

what is going on with the SP over the last 2 weeks? we were posting good gains last quarter!

17:58 16/10/2012

Seems like someone from Investec has joined the board as a non exec...

16:02 16/10/2012

CFC seems a screaming buy does anyone know what the firm will do with all the cash they are hoarding. How tricky is it for companies to get cash out of China?

The inital proposal prior to planning has an excellent location for the potash mine showing huge regard for the environment. The key element is an export pipeline moving ther potash outside the Yorkshire National Park for processing. The formal planning application should be successful.

21:12 13/09/2012

Now looks like the worm has turned with the euro-fiasco having a stay of execution. I expect CF will have the big boys queuing up for piece of the action. See you all at the AGM...

00:40 13/09/2012

Im getting frustrated now......come on Justin pull your finger out

07:32 06/09/2012

SCIB1 SKIN CANCER VACCINE - "GLOBAL DEMAND COULD BE ABSOLUTELY HUGE."

According to the World Health Organisation, 132,000 melanoma skin cancers occur globally each year and the incidence is increasing, especially in the United States, Europe and Australia. The vaccine has patent protection in the UK, Europe and Australia and has recently been granted patent protection in the US. Protecting the technology is vital because if the vaccine is a success, the global demand could be absolutely huge.

SCIB2 LUNG CANCER VACCINE

A developed product, ready for clinical trials might be some way off yet but the potential is there to develop it further and target an even bigger market.

HEALTHY CASH BALANCE

One of the problems with small biotech companies is that they can often burn cash and need constant capital raisings, which dilutes existing shareholders. But when Scancell announced its interim results, covering the six month period to 31 October, its cash balance was a very solid £1.9 million. Just one month later, the company said it would be receiving a payment of £2.85 million relating to a number of antibodies it had sold previously.

Under the terms of that deal, if any antibodies were used in clinical trials within a certain time frame, the company was entitled to the payment. The conditions were met and Scancell got the cash. With this extra money, Scancell’s bank balance has been boosted to a very healthy £4.75 million.

SHARES SURGING

In June Scancell said that the Gene Therapy Advisory Committee ('GTAC') and the Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency ('MHRA') have given their approval to increase the maximum treatment period from 6 months up to a further 5 years in its Phase I/II clinical trial. This is a very big deal for Scancell because it means the company can gather much more data as it proves its treatments work. Subsequently the shares have enjoyed an incredible run. In fact, we have almost quadrupled or initial investment in the company.

Why have the shares been surging? Put simply, the new technology could, in the words of the company’s CEO “have a profound effect on the way that cancer vaccines are developed”. The technology is now called Moditope, which “stimulates the production of killer CD4 T cells with powerful anti-tumour activity.”

SHARES COULD BE WORTH CONSIDERABLY MORE IN THE FUTURE

Scancell Directors are evaluating the technology and looking into its strategic options. At this point, it’s virtually impossible to attach a value to the technology. Even though Scancell shares have surged, I’d be tempted to hold onto the shares until Moditope’s true value emerges. The shares could be worth considerably more in the future.

This is a summary; here is a link to the complete research note:

[link]

07:26 06/09/2012

SCANCELL HOLDINGS (SCLP). Last week Scancell doubled in value after a breakthrough which "has the potential to transform the therapeutic cancer field".

I featured Scancell in this column in March. At that time I told you that Scancell has developed a therapeutic DNA vaccine. Once injected, this DNA is then read by cells which start to make specific proteins. The body recognises these proteins as foreign. This, in turn, awakens the immune system, which then produces ‘T cells’ that zap the cancer tumours and prevent the spread of the disease.

This vaccine is now in human trials with results expected next year. But in the meantime Scancell has gone a step further….

A CANCER VACCINE IS THE HOLY GRAIL

Scancell has now developed a platform technology called Moditope that could boost the effectiveness of the many therapeutic cancer vaccines that are under development, at Scancell and elsewhere. The field of cancer vaccines is a highly promising one, and many experts believe that immunotherapy - the use of the body’s own immune system - can be the most effective weapon against cancer.

Scancell’s Moditope seeks to improve the impact of the CD4 T-cells that destroy tumours.

HERE'S HOW IT WORKS

Antigens are proteins that exist on the surface of cells. Some antigens are much more common on the surface of cancer cells than of normal cells. These cancer specific antigens can form the basis for developing vaccines that selectively alert the immune system to find and destroy them.

The particular part of the antigen that is recognised by the immune system is called the epitope. The immune system works by recognising these epitopes and then sending out CD8 and CD4 T-cells to kill the cancer cells.

But while it is relatively easy to tell CD8 cells what to do, it’s far harder to get a response from the CD4 T-cells. Scancell has found a way to force the CD4 T-cells to wake up and start killing cancer cells.

In short, Scancell's Moditope technology produces killer CD4 T-cells that destroy tumours, but without toxicity. It can potentially boost the impact of many different types of cancer vaccine.

DANCING FOR JOY

I’m assured that Professor Lindy Durrant, the brains behind this invention, as I write to you is dancing for joy.

When I spoke to joint chief executive Dr Richard Goodfellow he gave the usual warnings about the need for lengthy future trials and the uncertainty of outcomes. But nonetheless, he is clearly excited.

[link]

Page