Scancell Holdings - Re: Sources? - Richard, You asked where I...

Live Discuss Polls Ratings
View
Page
15:54 19/05/2013

Richard,
You asked where I got the following from:
a.)"Professor Durrant has discovered special modified versions of over 100 cancer and pathogen epitopes."
and
b.)"It is hoped that for every natural epitope there is a Moditope, enough to allow T Cells to home in on every known cancer and virus."

a.) was announced at the company's AGM on 7th November 2012.
and
b.) is an extrapolation of the science itself. At the moment Scancell uses natural cancer epitopes in its ImmunoBody cancer vaccines and other companies using ImmunoBody under licence to make vaccines to combat infectious diseases, such as Immbio, use natural viral epitopes. It is hoped that Scancell and other companies like Immbio will be able to incorporate the more powerful Moditope epitopes in their vaccines instead. And that of course for every natural epitope in use a more effective Moditope equivalent can be discovered and patented.

You queried further:
"It appears to me that Scancell are not patenting the individual epitopes at the moment. Am I wrong?"

To answer this (aside from referring to the AGM presentation) here are some extracts from Scancell's announcement to market on 15th August 2012:

"Scancell has identified and patented a series of modified epitopes."
"Not only do these unique epitopes stimulate a CD4 killer T cell response, we have also shown in tests that cancer patients can produce an immune response to these epitopes. The Moditope epitopes can be used to develop both DNA and peptide vaccines and could become an important component of many therapeutic vaccines in the future, both under development at Scancell and other companies.”

Source:
[link]

Page