FirstGroup - FGP Stream Log

Live Discuss Polls Ratings
View
Page
06:57 18/04/2018

For information and clarification, there haven’t been guards on Thameslink trains since the middle 1980s. Whatever can be laid at Mr O’Toole’s door, it isn’t this.

16:03 10/05/2017

Well I never. Managed to get out of First Group with a modest profit. I honestly never thought I'd see the day.

17:03 24/11/2014

pyueck - great post. If nothing else, you've made me feel a little better about things!

14:18 24/11/2014

One of my worst decisions in life was probably buying these shares. Absolute misery. Commiserations to everyone who's in the same boat.

15:36 08/10/2014

If First, as rumoured, are getting a 5 year extension on FGW, then is it highly unlikely that the government is going to awrd two mainline contracts to the same company. Think they will dodge a bullet if they avoid East Coast.

12:47 08/10/2014

Be careful what you wish for. East Coast was what caused Nat Exs problems, let not forget that Sea Containers handed the contract back as well. With new trains due for EC in the next few years, the cost of hiring the roling stock will increase sharply. I would be hoping First keep TPE and FGW ahead of winning EC.

12:44 08/10/2014

Labour are showing themselves up for what they really are here. they campaigned against Scottish Independence, which would have allowed re-nationlaistion of scotrail. Now, after lying and tricking Scottish people inot voting NO, they are trying to make political capital out of devolved powers that may never come to pass.

10:12 08/10/2014

A good decision for the Scottish travelling public. Whilst First operated the Scotrail franchise very well, they had to lose it as their bus operations in Glasgow and Central Scotland have been terrible. Ageing bus fleets, dirty buses, reduced timetables and until very recently rising fares. Perhaps now they no longer have an incentive to shunt bus passengers onto the trains, they will get back to operating a decent bus service in Scotland. With regard to fleet replacement, nothing impressive about it. they are buying cheap and cheerful single deckers as they can`t affors to replace double deckers where they are needed. This company still holds TPE, and FGW, so the idea that they must win one of these to keep them as a rail operator is nonsense. The sad facts are that the birds are coming home to roost for First Group. At what point they decide to change what has until now cclearly been a disastrous policy one can only tell, but you wonder how long the board will retain large shareholder defeat when bad news follows bad news.

10:53 20/08/2014

bakerrabble - First Group has been shortlisted for the TransPennine Express franchise - hence the rise. Up 6.20p as I write this. Whether it wins the franchise is another matter, of course.

10:53 20/08/2014

Welcome to the new FirstGroup stream forum! Messages posted in the FirstGroup stream will be logged here for posterity.

Page